The New Zealand Foreign Trust is a structure formed by the founder or donor who is a non-resident of New Zealand, a resident trustee of New Zealand, and the beneficiaries, who will normally be non-residents of New Zealand.
Among its advantages we can mention:
- Located in a jurisdiction that is not considered part of the “black list” or tax haven, with a stable economy and politics.
- Exempt from New Zealand tax on all foreign source income.
- Not subject to New Zealand capital gains tax, even if the gains are made in New Zealand.
- Easy access to the benefits of the double taxation treaties signed by New Zealand.
- Minimum limitations of the information disclosure requirements.